Many Psychologists remind us that our beliefs influence our feelings, which govern our actions that lead to our results. Or to put it simply…what you believe…you become.
So, have you ever wondered what you believe?
Here are some of the things I believe:
- All people are good…if you give them a chance.
- God wants to express Himself through us…not only to us.
- In “happily ever after.”
- Men should always open doors and walk between a lady and traffic.
- I don’t have all the answers.
- We create our destiny.
- If you keep your focus on God, the rest will take care of itself.
- We don’t ask children good questions and therefore we don’t learn from them.
- In good manners.
- The Bible is the inspired word of God.
- In friends and family.
- If you want something in your life…give it first!
- We take ourselves WAY too seriously!
- That peace of mind is the most overlooked emotion.
- Everything will work out.
I’m sure there are more things I could list, but you get the picture. My point in writing this list is that it makes me feel good. It makes sense to me. I believe it and it makes me feel like I’m on the right track as I try to navigate through my life. It may not apply to everyone…but it works for me.
I know other people whose lives always seemed to be filled with some type of drama or problem. They seem to be moving from one crisis to another and seem to enjoy involving as many people as they can in the perceived downward spiral of their life. They complain of always being stressed out, under appreciated or singled out for some reason.
So I wonder…what do they believe? Where is their focus? Where do they put their trust?
I know this is overly simplistic. But I think if we really look at our lives and commit ourselves to moving away from things that cause our lives to be filled with turmoil and in turn begin to move towards thoughts, attitudes and beliefs that give us a sense of peace…I’ll bet our circumstances would change.
My hope for all that read this is that you would make a list of what you believe. Then ask yourself…if having that belief makes you feel better or worse about your life. If the answer is better, great! If the answer is worse, then take it off your list and only focus on the good. Because what you believe…you become and believe me…in time you’ll be adding more good things to your list!
So I hope you actually do the list. It’s eye opening!
If you feel like sharing, I would love to see it! Enjoy the process!